Solar panels produce electricity for your home by using that bright Texas sunlight. In order to generate energy, the panels follow this process:
- Sunlight hits the panels, causing photons and electrons to interact, which creates an electrical current.
- The electrical current travels from the panels to your solar inverter, which turns the energy generated from your panels into usable energy for your home.
- The energy flows from the inverter to your breaker box, which distributes the energy throughout your home.
- Any unused energy flows back to your utility meter and remains available for consumption. Depending on your jurisdiction, the remaining energy can often be used for net metering purposes. This means it can be sent back to the grid and used to earn energy credits on your next electric bill.
Benefits of Solar In Houston
Are solar panels right for your Houston-area home? Beyond potential financial savings, there are environmental reasons to go solar as well as the potential for a major return on your investment.
- Own Your Power — Protect your family from rising energy costs by owning your power. Becoming less reliant on the grid means less stress about higher electric bills.
- Potentially Reduce Your Electric Bill — Your solar system can help you potentially save thousands in electric bills over time.
- Qualify For Federal Tax Credit — Homeowners who install solar panels on their property can currently claim a federal tax credit of up to 26%.5
- Potentially Increase Your Property’s Value — Solar energy is becoming increasingly popular. If you choose to sell your home, potential buyers will see the benefit of having lower electric bills. Studies show that solar panels can raise your home’s value, which means a potentially higher return on investment should you sell.
- Reduce Your Carbon Footprint — Solar energy is an earth-friendly alternative to fossil fuels.
What Happens to Excess Solar Energy?
Solar panels can produce more energy than you use daily. Fortunately, this excess energy can be used in two ways.
Store excess energy in a backup battery.3
Your Generac battery backup can store excess energy from your solar panels for use at night when panels are not producing electricity or in the event of a grid power outage. In addition, the stored energy can fill the gaps when your home’s solar panels are not producing at full capacity.
Use excess energy via net metering.
Net metering is the process of sending extra energy from solar panels back to the grid in exchange for credits on future electric bills. You can often receive credits for the energy you sell back at a 1-to-1 ratio, meaning that you sell it back at the same price you would buy it. While this is a great incentive to go solar, it’s important to note that net metering is not offered by all utility companies. Availability, excess credits and other requirements vary by area and utility providers.
Solar Panel Installation In Houston
- Start by filling out a form for a free quote. One of our representatives will contact you after to discuss your solar options. During this discussion, we’ll evaluate your property and schedule your free in-home consultation.
- Our experienced consultants will evaluate your home and electric bills to determine the optimal size for your future solar system. This leads to a custom proposal based on your home’s energy needs. Once you’ve signed our contract, we’ll begin prepping for your installation!
- On installation day, we’ll install your solar panels in a way that ensures that there is no damage to your home or roof. This should only take a day or two. We’ll also carefully test your system and clean up our workspace after the fact.
Cost of Solar In Houston
Solar energy is more affordable than ever in the Houston area! However, the cost of a solar system depends on your home, your energy usage and your energy goals. Our solar experts can help you with a customized solution for your home.
Solar panel cost is calculated based on dollars per watt. We take the number of panels you need based on the number of watts you typically use and effectively design a custom solar solution for your home.
Your Houston Solar Panel Installation Cost Includes The Following:
Solar panels, inverters, conduit, wiring, mounting racks and mounting hardware are included.
A Custom Solar System
Once you sign the contract, our team designs a personalized system, files relevant permits and prepares for installation.
A Time And Date For Your Installation
On installation day, our team carefully installs and tests your solar system, then cleans up to leave your property looking exactly as before!
Ready to go solar? Here’s how you can finance your Houston solar panel installation.
PHS Financial Program
- POWERHOME SOLAR offers competitive financing through third party lenders to do our part in making solar accessible and affordable to our customers. Our financial program offers those who qualify a $0 up-front cost and 12 months of savings on us.1
- You can obtain a loan either through your own source or through our solar-specific source. With this, you’ll have a $0 down payment and 100% financing for qualified customers.
- You can pay in full upfront for your solar panels. With this, your electric bill will immediately reflect potential savings and you can apply for home equity loans that may be tax-deductible.
POWERHOME SOLAR is proud to offer high-quality, reliable solar panels.
Solar Panel Warranties
Our panels come with two types of warranty:
- A minimum 25-year linear power performance guarantee.
- A 25-year product workmanship guarantee. A solar panel’s product warranty covers any issues with manufacturing defects or premature wear and tear on your panels.
Your inverter is built to last, just like your solar panels! The inverter comes with a 10-year warranty, and as the installer of the system, our team will take care of any warranty issues that may arise during our workmanship warranty period.
These warranties are in place so that you are able to replace bad panels or address any potential issues with your system post-installation. POWERHOME SOLAR uses panels that are guaranteed to operate at approximately 85% capacity after 25 years and rarely have issues. But in the event that there are any problems, our customers can rest easy that we are able to address and repair any issues.